The City of Haines City utilizes several advisory boards and committees to solicit input from citizens and assist the work of the City Commission.
Advisory board volunteers are appointed by the City Commission.
Listing of City Boards & Committees
Members of these boards are required to file a Form One with the Florida Commission on Ethics by July 1, 2017.
- Planning Commission
- Board of Adjustment
- Community Redevelopment Agency
- Firefighters’ Pension Board of Trustees
- General Employees’ Pension Board of Trustees
- Police Pension Board of Trustees
These Boards are advisory in nature and do NOT require a Form One to be filed with the Florida Commission on Ethics.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Public Safety Advisory Board
- Charter Review Committee
- Lakes Advisory Committee
- Finance Advisory Board
- Citizens Advisory Task Force (CDBG)
- Emerging Youth Advisory Council
The City is currently seeking members for the following Boards and Committees. If you are interested in serving on an Advisory Board or Committee, please download and submit an Advisory Board Application.
New Board Positions Coming Soon! – Charter Review Committee – The Charter Review Committee will be meeting from June 2017-September 2017. Please submit applications to the City Clerk for consideration by the City Commission.
- Board of Adjustment – 2 alternate residential vacancies
- Finance Advisory Board – 1 business vacancy and 1 residential vacancy
- General Employee’s Pension – 1 residential vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Board – Appointments to be made in 2017
- Planning Commission – 1 alternate vacancy as of 1/1/17
- Citizens Advisory Task Force (Community Development Block Grant) – 5 vacancies – must meet moderate income requirements.
If you have questions concerning the duties and responsibilities of any of the advisory boards, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (863) 421-9921.
If you are interested in serving on an Advisory Board or Committee, please download and submit an Advisory Board Application.