The City Commission Workshops and Regular Meetings have been changed in September to:
THURSDAY – SEPTEMBER 8, 2016
THURSDAY – SEPTEMBER 22, 2016
Thank you for the support of our community leaders.
Haines City’s Latino Fest is back! Hosted by Haines City Public Library, Latino Fest will have food, vendors, and live entertainment! Come out to help us celebrate our incredibly diverse Latino culture, arts, and customs.
Sponsorship and Vendor opportunities are available. Click the following links for more information:
Fall Hours at the Lake Eva Aquatics Center
Saturday, August 20 – Saturday, October 29: Saturday & Sunday ONLY
$5.00 per person, ages 1 and older
Monday – Friday: 6:15pm-7:30pm (NO Lap Swim 9/1, 9/8, 9/15, 9/22)
$1.00 per person
Tuesday & Wednesday: 6:15pm-7:00pm
$7.00 per person
For more information, please contact Haines City Parks & Recreation at 863 421-3700.
This notice is to inform you of important changes made to the Utility Billing policies, as well as those policies remaining in place. All changes go into effect February 1, 2016.
- Customers have 20 to 25 days from issuance to pay each monthly utility bill, without late fees or disconnection.
- Due dates on the 5th or 20th are universal to all customers and are based upon one of two billing cycles.
- The timeframe of the due date may vary dependent upon weekends and holidays.
- All due dates, late fees and notifications will be posted on customer utility bills.
- After the due date, a $20 late fee will be applied to a customer’s account, if the utility bill remains unpaid.
- The late fee will apply on the next month’s utility bill and must be paid with the next month’s bill.
- Notification for unpaid utility accounts and disconnection will be issued on the next month’s bill, approximately 10 days after the due date of the original unpaid bill.
- A $25 fee will be applied to all utility accounts placed on a list of delinquent accounts.
- The fee will apply on the next month’s utility bill and must be paid with the next month’s bill.
- Customer utility accounts will be removed from the list and/or have their water reconnected once the unpaid bill is paid in full.
- The City will authorize a one-time payment arrangement every 18 months, as approved by the City Manager or a designee, and may only receive up to 6 months to pay the delinquency back in full.
- Customers in any payment arrangement must maintain all bills following the arrangement, in addition to the agreed payments. Any payment not met in accordance with the payment arrangement will immediately void the arrangement, be subject to disconnection and the delinquency must be paid in full.
For questions regarding the Utility Billing policies, please contact Utility Billing at (863) 419-3516,or email email@example.com.
We are currently in the process of a complete website re-design. Check back here often for updates and information. If you have any questions, feel free to call us. Our phone number is 863-421-3600.
City Hall is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
Our address is: 620 E. Main StreetHaines City, FL 33844