Tuesday, July 4th, 2017
Holiday Collection Schedule
Haines City – Residents
Monday, July 3rd, 2017 – Garbage, recycle, yard waste and bulk will be collected as a normal service day.
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 – Garbage, recycle, yard waste and bulk will be collected on Wednesday, July 5th.
Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 – Garbage, recycle, yard waste and bulk will be collected on Thursday, July 6th.
Thursday, July 6th, 2017 – Garbage, recycle, yard waste and bulk items will be collected on Friday, July 7th.
Friday, July 7th, 2017 – Garbage, recycle, yard waste and bulk will be collected Saturday, July 8th.
NOTE: Haines City claw truck service day is normally on Wednesday; but due to the July 4th holiday, the claw truck service day will be Thursday, July 6th.
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 the City Administrative Offices will be closed in observance of Independence Day.
The City Commission Workshop and City Commission Meeting in August has been changed from Thursday, August 17, 2017 to:
TUESDAY – AUGUST 15, 2017
6:30 p.m. – Workshop
7:00 p.m. – Regular Meeting
Please contact Linda Bourgeois, City Clerk at (863) 421-9921 for additional information.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Haines City will be cleaning up Forest Hill and Oakland Cemetery beginning the week of July 10, 2017.
SOBREAVISO que la ciudad de Haines City comenzara limpiando los Cementerios Forrest Hill y Oakland la semana del 10th del Julio 2017.
Public Notice and Information
With the recent vehicle break-ins in the area and neighboring communities, Haines City Police Department would like to remind citizens to remove valuables from vehicles.
Smash-and-grab thieves typically aren’t criminal masterminds who craft clever schemes to swipe your stuff. Most are casual opportunists. They see something they like, so they break in and take it. Keep your valuables out of sight.
Whether you’re at home, the park, or the gym, never leave items lying out on your seats, dashboard or floor:
- Purse or wallet
- Laptop (or its bag)
- A briefcase or backpack
- Shopping bags
- MP3 player or other small electronics
Modified Phase III Water Shortage Restrictions
Effective Date and Area
- The District’s Modified Phase III Water Shortage Restrictions are in effect beginning June 5, 2017 through August 1, 2017.
- These measures currently apply to all of Polk County, Florida.
- These restrictions apply to the use of wells and surface sources as ponds, rivers and canals, in addition to the utility-supplied water.
Lawn Watering Schedule and Times
- “Phase III” restrictions reduce the watering schedule from twice-per-week to only once-per-week. Please see schedule below for your day for lawn watering.
- “Phase III” restrictions limits the number of hours for watering. The allowable watering hours are before 8:00 a.m. or after 6 p.m., regardless of property size.
For additional information please refer to the following link: